Just some formalities
Building stronger customer relationships
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Candidates)
- All CvCiti services that facilitate applications for employment are free of charge.
- Certain ancillary products and services may attract a transaction fee that is payable at the execution of the transaction.
- Your telephone or Cellular Service Provider will charge all telephone calls that you make to CvCiti 's telephony based facilities at their normal rates.
- You indemnify CvCiti against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, costs, and expenses incurred on any account as a result of the listing or intended listing of any resumé by you on www. CvCiti .co.za, or any related site.
- CvCiti makes every effort to ensure that Applicant Data is treated in the strictest confidence, however, you will not hold CvCiti responsible if your resumé was unlawfully copied from the CvCiti website through nefarious means and/or distributed without consent.
- Access to the candidate resumé database is available only to CvCiti recruitment agency clients who have been approved for resumé search capabilities and whom CvCiti has issued with privileged access codes to search the CvCiti database. Such CvCiti clients may access the candidate resumé database solely for the purpose of identifying candidates whose work preferences for location, category, industry and occupation match the clients' current vacancy advertisements with CvCiti . While CvCiti will make every effort to ensure that CvCiti clients adhere to this undertaking, you herewith indemnify CvCiti against wrongful conduct, of any kind, by CvCiti recruitment agency clients.
- While CvCiti will implement precautionary measures to ensure that the CvCiti website is free from viruses, CvCiti cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the site or delivered via electronic mail through the site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient protective software on your system that will satisfy your particular data security requirements and for maintaining a means external to your workstation for the reconstruction of any lost data.
- You agree to take precautionary measures to ensure that your resumé on CvCiti is free from viruses or other destructive code.
- CvCiti reserves the right to either reject or remove any resumé from its site(s) for any reason whatsoever.
- You agree to present yourself truthfully in your resumés on CvCiti.
- CvCiti makes every effort to deliver applications to vacancies in the shortest possible time. You will however not hold CvCiti liable for any loss or damage as a result of any failure or delay in the delivery of an application for employment to an advertiser.
- You agree, at all times, to deal with any information or products provided by CvCiti in a manner which abides by all applicable laws of South Africa, or of any other relevant jurisdiction (including, without limitation, privacy and copyright laws).
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, CvCiti and its associates exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) arising from the use of, or reliance on any services provided by CvCiti or its associates. CvCiti and its associates at all times limit their liability to the re-supply, where possible, of services not properly rendered; and where the re-supply of the service is not possible, to the refund of moneys paid for such services. CvCiti will not be liable under this paragraph where the failure to render services properly is attributable partially or wholly to your actions or omissions.
- You agree to keep CvCiti and its associates fully indemnified against any actual or contingent liabilities incurred in relation to any actions or claims brought by any person against CvCiti as a result of an actual or alleged breach by you of any law, or such other actions or claims brought in relation to the provision of services by CvCiti to you.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights and obligations to any other person without CvCiti 's prior written approval (which will not be unreasonably withheld).
- This agreement is governed by the laws of South Africa. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of South Africa and waive any objection to legal action being brought in those Courts on the grounds of venue or inconvenient forum.
- CvCiti retains all intellectual property rights contained in the data stored on CvCiti and services provided by CvCiti, and you agree not to infringe any of CvCiti 's rights without CvCiti 's prior written consent. This includes the use of public domain information represented on CvCiti.
- You agree not to use the CvCiti infrastructure or technology to market any service to CvCiti.
CvCiti and its associates are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We've structured our websites so that, in general, you can visit CvCiti on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
Once you choose to provide us personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your relationship with CvCiti.
This statement regarding the privacy of the personally identifiable information you provide online covers the four foundation principles of fair information: Awareness, Choice, Accuracy & Access, and Security.
What we collect
On some CvCiti websites, you can order products or services, make requests, and register to receive materials and alerts. The types of personal information collected at these pages are name, contact and billing information, transaction, and credit card information.
In order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services (including registration), we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, work experience, and more detailed contact preferences.
How we use it
CvCiti uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you advertise vacancies, apply for vacancies, complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, and to personalise our websites for you. Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. Our credit card payments are done directly with MWeb Business Gateway, so the credit card details are not ever sent to CvCiti.co.za.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information we think would be of particular interest. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receiving of such direct communication or market research contact.
Who we share it with
CvCiti will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to other 3rd parties except in the cases where a user registered as a job seeker has responded to a job advert or when our recruiters contact job seekers with job vacancies available. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other 3rd party entities as described in "how we use it". Such entities and/or business partners, are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data and are bound by the appropriate confidentiality agreements.
CvCiti will not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first letting you know and offering you a choice. As previously stated, we will also provide you the opportunity to let us know if you do not wish to receive unsolicited materials from us and we will do everything we can to honor such requests.
Accuracy & Access
CvCiti strives to keep your personally identifiable information accurate. We will provide you with access to your information, including making every effort to provide you with online access to your registration data so that you may view, update or correct your information at the CvCiti site where it was submitted. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. To access your personally identifiable information, return to the CvCiti web page where you originally entered it and follow the instructions on that webpage. Certain areas of CvCiti 's websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords.
CvCiti is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our payment gateway partner, Mweb Business use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
Cookies and your privacy
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, this website uses 'cookie' information collection technology. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer's previous visits to a website and to ascertain the most popular features of a website.
CvCiti makes use of the following cookie tracking technology via Google Inc. :
- Google Analytics features for Display Advertising including Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager. These enhancements in Google Analytics tracking allow for personalised advertisements (both Text Ads and Display Ads) to be displayed to users on other websites who are part of the Google Display Network and based on their visit to a CvCiti website.
- CvCiti makes use of Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites across the Internet.
- CvCiti and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve ads based on a site users past visits to the CvCiti website.
- Visitors to this CvCiti website can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. This allows you to control what information the Google Advertising Network collects and stores on your web browsing.
- CvCiti will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that are based on the DoubleClick cookie.
- We encourage our site visitors to make use of the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on to customise their privacy settings.
- If you wish to know more about cookies and how companies like CvCiti use them, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.allaboutcookies.org. Information on these websites will assist you in exercising your privacy rights providing guidance on how to opt-out of future access or continued storage of information via cookies.