HR Company Solutions
Recruiting with a difference
Job Title: Technical Support Agent
Synopsis: To provide customer service and operational support across company group chain to all users. Deliver customer service excellence to both internal and external users by identifying issues and initiating corrective actions to remedy cause of concern. The successful candidate will have a keen sense of relaying technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner to all customers
Position: Employment Equity Position
To be discussed
· Grade 12, post-matric qualification advantageous. · 1+ years’ experience in a customer service environment with exposure to IT operations or Service industry. · Valid driver’s licence and own transport. · Technical background. · Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. · Willing to work flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed. · Understanding of basic programming concepts. · Exposure within payments industry advantageous.
· Proficiency in communicating issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience (verbal and written).
· Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
· Technical troubleshooting skills.
· Possess a sense of urgency and maintain stress awareness/management
· Proactive and Accountable
· Ability to multi-task while being attentive to the customer
· Strong decision making and analytical abilities
· Attention to detail
· Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
· Readily accepts feedback, mentoring, and coaching.
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Strong time-management skills.
· Maintain customer service levels
· Provide prompt, courteous service to all external and internal customers
· Assisting end-users with transactional queries and any payment processing issues.
· Assisting merchants with general queries, answer customer inquiries/communications as required.
· Assist any individual contacting the service desk.
· Resolve and remedy customer complaints
· Resolve queries via telephone, live chat, and email correspondence.
· Must be able to trouble-shoot errors/issues reported before escalating further.
· Follow and execute support protocol for escalation.
· Load new merchants, edit merchant profiles as requested and maintain record of all interactions regarding changes to merchant accounts.
· Assist merchants and developers with implementation queries.
· Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions
· Assist internal staff with support related queries.
· Provide Second Line Support to Acquirers and Partners.
· Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve on service delivery.
· Responsible for actively ensuring the retention customer base.
· Collaborates with other departments to resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance customer service delivery.
· Attends regular customer service departmental meetings.
· Follows all required support processes and protocol and set out by Customer Service Manager.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Use all available resources to resolve or escalate customer incidents per established guidelines, processes, and service level agreements.
· Identify recurring incidents and trends, and escalate appropriately.
· Monitor for problems, taking immediate action where possible and escalating when required.
· Perform, organize, and streamline operational tasks to reduce the potential for errors.
· Ensure knowledge base is kept up to date.
· Contribute toward/lead continuous improvement efforts/initiatives.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Continuously learning and improving on product and job knowledge in order to deliver service excellence.
· Keeping abreast with changes and updates to company’s product and services
Technical Support Agents will be required to work on a 24 hour rotating shift basis of four twelve hour shifts on, and four days/nights off.