HR Company Solutions
Recruiting with a difference
Job Title: Team Leader Warehouse(Inbound)
Synopsis: Responsible for performance, motivation and development of the warehouse management teams and management of 3PL service providers. This position is responsible achieving service delivery targets with optimised cost while improving warehouse management systems
Position: Employment Equity Position
To be discussed
Grade 12 – R Diploma in Logistics / Similar - P Minimum 5 years logistics management experience - R Advanced SAP experience - R Inventory Management - R Warehouse management – R Supply chain management – R MS Office – R Spreadsheet – R WMS and logistics systems - P Understanding of: Business processes Management Information Systems Risk Management Skills: Managerial Attention to detail Communication Customer focus Cost conscious
1. Warehouse Management / Service provider activities
· Oversee warehouse operations at RM, Stores, MDC at plant and D/C.
· Implement continuous improvement plan in collaboration with Logistics Manager and ensure it is applied.
· Ensure that all relevant BSAF QS are followed for product handling & storage within warehouse.
· Monitor service provider / BSAF internal operations performance and take appropriate actions when required.
· Report on warehouse capacity / utilisation and cost performance.
· Ensure track and trace systems and supply chain visibility.
· Ensure availability of product via inventory management systems.
· Ensure that service providers are billed timeously for stock discrepancies.
· Monthly stock count approval and processing.
2. Operations management
· Manage stillage and other operational capex requirements.
· Track assets of storage facilities.
· Ensure compliance to safety policies.
· Manage stock management rules, FIFO.
· Manage turnaround times for offloading and loading.
· Monitor in/out volumes and capacity.
3. Logistics projects
· Lead and / or participate in several logistics projects as required like optimising warehouse flow.
· Lead and / or participate in storage optimisation projects.
· Lead and/or participate supply network footprint projects.
4. People management
· Challenges & motivates others to improve their performance.
· Defines job responsibilities, expectations, sets objectives, offer on-going feedback and support
· Rewards good performance and deals with poor performance, urging and supporting improvement throughout the performance period
· Develops talents, stimulates the development of others by identifying specific development possibilities, providing constructive feedback and creating tailored opportunities for growth
· Creates an environment in the team that reflects an open and diverse culture where people can perform at their best.
· Keeps people informed about matters that affect them and creates room to challenge the present way of doing business.
Critical Success Factors – Describe what success looks like for your position by identifying the critical success factors (e.g., Customer satisfaction) as well as the performance measures (e.g., repeat business, customer satisfaction ratings) that can be used to measure success.
Safety- Ensure that safety standards and targets are met.
Service – Ensure that offloading and loading target times are met.
Quality – stock accuracy target is maintained.
Financial – achievement of warehouse cost budget.
Major Challenges – Describe two or three of the most difficult challenges you face in your current position and the means by which you address them.
1. Implementation of reporting tools.
2. Maximising of warehouse capacities.
3. Maximising operations at minimum logistics cost whilst maintaining customer service.
4. Continuous reduction of cost-2-serve.
Decision Making – Describe the types of decisions you make and the types of decisions you refer to others at a higher level in the organization.
1. Decisions affecting business processes of the department, to be discussed with other role players before decisions are made.
2. Decision making is at a managerial level, seeking out ways to improve processes and reduce costs. Obtaining the buy-in and implementing such decisions.