HR Company Solutions
Recruiting with a difference
Job Title: Team Leader Transport
Synopsis: Responsible for performance, motivation and development of the logistics operational team, including inbound stock movement planning and outbound stock movement transportation to the customer. This position is responsible achieving service delivery targets set with customers at an optimised cost while improving delivery systems through innovation.
Position: Employment Equity Position
To Be discussed
Grade 12 – R Degree / Diploma in Logistics / Similar - R Minimum 5 years logistics management experience - R Advanced SAP experience - R Inventory Management - R Warehouse management – R Supply chain management – R MS Office – R Spreadsheet – R WMS and logistics systems - P Understanding of: Business processes Management Information Systems Risk Management Skills: Managerial Attention to detail Communication Customer focus Cost conscious
Team Leader Transport
1. Service provider / freight management
· Implement continuous improvement plan in collaboration with Logistics Manager and ensure it is applied.
· Ensure that all relevant BSAF QS are followed for tyre transportation.
· Monitor service provider and internal operations transport performance to SLA and take appropriate actions when required.
· Ensure shipping department is performing to SLA.
· Manage daily & operational relations with transporters and service providers.
· Ensure track and trace systems and supply chain visibility.
· Provide input for tender process for service providers.
· Reports on inbound/outbound transportation performance by service providers and own branches.
2. Manage primary / secondary inbound /outbound
· Manage / Monitor receiving flows and costs.
· Manage / Monitor dispatch flows and costs.
· Manage / monitor customs activities.
· Manage TMS.
3. Logistics projects
· Lead and / or participate in several logistics projects as required like optimising vehicle flow.
· Lead and / or participate in distribution network projects.
· Lead and/or participate in process and system implementations like WMS.
4. People management
· Challenges & motivates others to improve their performance
· Defines job responsibilities, expectations, sets objectives, offer on-going feedback and support
· Rewards good performance and deals with poor performance, urging and supporting improvement throughout the performance period
· Develops talents, stimulates the development of others by identifying specific development possibilities, providing constructive feedback and creating tailored opportunities for growth
· Creates an environment in the team that reflects an open and diverse culture where people can perform at their best
· Keeps people informed about matters that affect them and creates room to challenge the present way of doing business
Critical Success Factors – Describe what success looks like for your position by identifying the critical success factors (e.g., Customer satisfaction) as well as the performance measures (e.g., repeat business, customer satisfaction ratings) that can be used to measure success.
Service – Ensure that delivery schedules are met.
OTIF targets – are achieved or exceeded.
Financial – achievement of freight budget.
Major Challenges – Describe two or three of the most difficult challenges you face in your current position and the means by which you address them.
1. Implementation of reporting tools.
2. Minimising turnaround time of vehicles.
3. Maximising operations at minimum logistics cost whilst maintaining customer service.
4. Continuous reduction of cost-2-serve.
Decision Making – Describe the types of decisions you make and the types of decisions you refer to others at a higher level in the organization.
1. Decisions affecting business processes of the department, to be discussed with other role players before decisions are made.
2. Decision making is at a managerial level, seeking out ways to improve processes and reduce costs. Obtaining the buy-in and implementing such decisions.