HR Company Solutions
Recruiting with a difference
Contact: Louise Botha
Job Title: Master Data Manager
Synopsis: Leading Tyre Manufacturer Requires a Master Data Manager. Salaries are open to expectations.
Position: Employment Equity Position
To be discussed
Grade 12 – R Minimum 5 in master data maintenance or similar field with strong governance skills – R Computer Literate MS Word, Outlook & Excel (Intermediate) – R SAP (deep understanding) experience – R Strong governance skills – R Collaboration skills – P Strong communication and relational skills – P Attention to detail & accuracy - P Understanding of tyre and tyre related products - P
Leading Tyre Manufacturer Requires a Master Data Manager. Salaries are open to expectations.
Major End Results Expected From The Job
Major Activities to Produce These Results
Rank of importance
(1 = highest)
1. Master Data Accuracy
· Formulate and implement standard formats for master data governance.
· Ensure that formats comply with global standards.
· Define master data hierarchies.
· Manage process flow of master data documentation.
· Ensure master data enables business to make decisions based on reporting.
· Report on entries and accuracy.
2. Master Data “clean-up”
· Lead and manage team for master data clean-up.
· Outline requirements and monitor accuracy of changes.
3. Master Data maintenance
· Authorise and check master data maintenance requests for create, delete and edit changes.
4. Information accuracy
· Participate with sales, marketing, technical and procurement to understand master data requirements.
Critical Success Factors – Describe what success looks like for your position by identifying the critical success factors (e.g. Customer satisfaction) as well as the performance measures (e.g., repeat business, customer satisfaction ratings) that can be used to measure success.
Master data accuracy of 99%.
Accurate record keeping.
Effective management of SKU’s.
Timeous creation of new SKU’s.
Major Challenges – Describe two or three of the most difficult challenges you face in your current position and the means by which you address them.
1. Massive amount of inaccurate data – systematic approach to identify and correct.
2. Non-adherence to procedures – implement standards and policies.
Decision Making – Describe the types of decisions you make and the types of decisions you refer to others at a higher level in the organization.
1. Propose standards and policies to LSCM Exec for approval.
2. Authorise master data maintenance forms.
3. Identify incorrect master data and request source parties to correct.