HR Company Solutions
Recruiting with a difference
Job Title: Commercial Product Planner
Synopsis: Plan, direct, and monitor the activities of a sales team within Commercial segment to achieve established sales targets. Identify new products to be introduced to our size line up. Align BSAF strategies with global strategies.
Position: Employment Equity Position
To be discussed
BComm/BTech Qualification Minimum 5 years working experience IT and data analytics Competitor analysis and market reviews Working with Big Data Industry Knowledge and working of competitors Data and platform integration Experience with Product Planning Excel SAP
Commercial Product Planner
· Develop a 12 month rolling forecasts by SKU, brand and segment to ensure right product is in right warehouse at the right time.
· Conduct detailed monthly root cause analysis to establish what has caused the forecast error.
· Identify corrective actions and drive improvement actions.
· Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
· Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
· Interact with sales and customer to understand demand forecast drivers.
· Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sale and Customer to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
· Create and maintain the Demand Planning database as the primary forecasting system tool.
· Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
· Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
· Prepare presentations and databases for demand review meeting identifying problem areas.
Create and Maintain Database
· Create and populate templates for forecast capturing
· Monitoring databases to establish forecast accuracy looking at demand trends, stock supply and specials influences.
· Build and maintain product roadmap
· Gather, collate and distribute market information on price & product
· Identify external companies to be utilized to gather product and price information.
· Develop product database used to identify discontinued products, alternative products and new sizes.
Budget & MTP Planning
· Prepare expected market demand by size using vehicle demand, estimated market share, persona’s, O&P / Value and fighting.
· Split by size into patterns based on company strategy with the intent for profit.
· Align budget with Brand and Channel strategy to ensure that it is achievable and deliverable.
· Prepare budget presentation
· Prepare 5 year plan for MTP using product roadmap.
· Input data on format supplied.
New & Discontinued Product
· Identify growing sizes utilising vehicle demand and market information.
· Implement and recommend new products for development
· Identify sizes to be used for campaigns to drive sales and provide information to Price and Product specialist.
· Identify & discontinue products based on sales performance, age of tyres, market demand decrease.
· Clean and streamline products available to reduce the number of pattern offered in a size.
Critical Success Factors – Describe what success looks like for your position by identifying the critical success factors (e.g., Customer satisfaction) as well as the performance measures (e.g., repeat business, customer satisfaction ratings) that can be used to measure success.
A customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
Major Challenges – Describe two or three of the most difficult challenges you face in your current position and the means by which you address them.
Establishing accurate demand planning / budgets in line with actual sales. Reducing forecast / budget inaccuracy to be within a 10% variance against actuals.