HR Company Solutions
Recruiting with a difference
Job Title: Junior Accountant – R 20 000.00
Synopsis: Large manufacturing company seeks an energetic individual to assist with the daily accounting duties.
Position: Employment Equity Position
To be discussed
Minimum Requirements: · Minimum relevant Accounting degree / diploma. · Bcom / Bcom Hons in Accounting with Articles would be an advantage. · Experience and understanding of financial and cost management. · IFRS and Companies Act knowledge would be an advantage. · FOREX knowledge / understanding. · Good ERP system knowledge. · Minimum 3 years working experience in Manufacturing industry. · Good management and business skills. · Advanced computer literacy - advanced Excel. · Ability to work overtime (required). Competencies: · Accurate information gathering and analysis. · Awareness of and commitment to company mission. · Attention to detail. · Understanding of the trial balance. · Analysis and understanding of general ledger accounts. · Good communication, written and presentation skills. · Ability to work under pressure. · Dedicated.
· Accurate capturing of invoices.
· Maintain General Ledger accounts on an ERP system
· Prepare and process month end journals.
· Prepare payments.
· Month end close procedures.
· Accurately prepare monthly management accounts.
· Assist with variance analysis and explanation.
· Update Accounts Receivable and issue invoices.
· Debtors reconciliations.
· Liaise with customers and related collections of monies.
· Update Accounts Payable and perform creditor reconciliations.
· Liaise with suppliers.
· Maintain Fixed Asset Register.
· Prepare and submit statutory returns (VAT etc).
· Support ad hoc requests from Management.
· Assist with audits from external auditors.
· Prepare information to support BBBEE requests.
· Assist with accounting / financial projects.