HR Company Solutions
Phone: 011 425 0096
Job Title: HR Executive – Senior Group Level – Salary based on Experience, Skills, Qualifications
Synopsis: If you are passionate about people and processes with a focus on innovation and development of programmes, then my client is looking for you to join their team. They are based in Cape Town and are in need of an experienced Senior HR Executive to join their team in a dynamic and innovative role. A top company in the FMCG sector, they are a market-leader and focus on their people as their greatest asset. The HR Exec should be an innovative and energetic team player who can work in a fast paced environment with experience of operating at a senior and executive level, driving change & organizational development programs, across the HR portfolio. The HR Executive will be responsible for guiding and managing the overall HR Group Function, which includes: • Setting up HR Governance Structure • Driving the implementation of the applicable policies and procedures for the wider group. The executive assists in the establishment and maintenance of key relationships with operational units and subsidiaries across all HR disciplines (Payroll, Talent Management, Etc.) and the ongoing review of existing HR practices. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Position: Employment Equity Position
To Be Discussed at an Interview Level. Salary commensurate with level of experience, skills and qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED • A Tertiary qualification at either Honours or Post-graduate level in Human Resources and or Labour Relations (LLB) experience • Minimum of 10 years related management experience, with a minimum of 5 years at a Senior level - not negotiable • Proficiency in English, Afrikaans and preferably a 3rd Language • HR Landscape and Legislation • Methodical and organized. • Strong numeracy and analytical skills. • Attention to detail. • Excellent planning and organizational skills. • Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) Thorough knowledge of SA Labour legislation , including BEE and its implementation • A business-minded and commercially astute HR Generalist • A hands-on implementer able to take ownership of the HR Strategy • Experienced as an HR Executive with the ability to advise Leadership, Line and Subsidiary Companies on best practice HR Strategy • Strong communicator across all levels with the ability to present confidently at Exco and Board Level • Proven experience of managing diverse HR teams • Ability to work independently with little direct supervision • Possess the ability to collaborate and interact with multiple Department Managers in order to achieve desired outcomes, buy-in and goals • A strategic thinker, with the ability to balance long and short-term priorities • Is results driven with a high degree of autonomy • Team player, with the ability to lead teams , build and maintain relationships at all levels • Demonstrates a high level of integrity and ethics – maintains confidentiality • Possess strong business insights and experience, with the ability to think strategically and commercially with a customer focus • Is a positive, self-motivated, resilient and enthusiastic individual with a strong drive to succeed • Detail orientated • Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines • Ability to manage multiple priorities and make judgement calls based on sound information • Strong analytical skills • Ability to deal with confidential information is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Policy development, documentation, implementation & updates thereto.
• The implementation & monitoring and compliance HR policies to align the entire group.
• Ensure that Group Policies are continuously aligned with and Labour regulatory bodies or South African best practices.
• HR Best Practice Policy Formulation and legislative compliance
• Lead the HR Strategy by providing strategic and advisory services to the Group
• Driving HR Projects from a Group perspective
• Set up an internal recruitment process and supporting team
• Ensure the recruitment process is robust (retention)
• Where applicable, managing external executive recruiting agencies, employment agencies, recruiters, and temporary staffing agencies.
• Develop and implement retention and Talent Management Strategy (including workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development; performance planning, management development and improvement; and succession planning)
• Overall responsibility of recruiting staff in line with Employment Equity practices
3. Performance management and improvement systems
• Provide clear leadership by demonstrating understanding of business trends and needs
• Drive the people processes (performance, development and career) to ensure management levels of performance and capabilities meet current and future standards
• Assists in providing guidance to maximize effectiveness of performance management, understands and leverages the linkage of business strategy, individual performance agreements and compensation
4. Compliance to regulatory requirements
• Assist with the development and implementation of formal plans to deal with the following regulatory requirements and submissions thereof
Employment Equity requirements; BBBEE; Occupational Health and Safety requirements; HIV/Aids plan; Skills Development reporting; Unemployment Insurance requirements; Medical aid and provident fund requirements; Compensation for occupational injuries and disease act; Basic conditions of employment act; Assist with the development of an HR policy for all Stores / Corporate; Ensure compliance by the Group with the regulatory requirements.
• Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
• Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
5. Employee orientation, development, and training
• Responsible for overall employee orientation, development and training
• Organization development, change management initiatives, and company-wide culture and environment at work for employees.
• Establishes an in-house employee training procedure that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
• Designs, directs and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
• Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
• Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to executive management.
• Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
• Leads a process of organization development that plans, communicates, and integrates the results of strategic planning throughout the organization.
• Manages the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
• Keeps the Chief Executive Officer and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
6. Employee industrial relations and disciplinary action(Management of IR at a Corporate Level )
• Offer advice and guidance on IR issues;
• Monitor and manage the administration and co-ordination of disciplinary incidents;
• Managing and monitoring the framing of charges and scheduling of enquiries within one week of offence
• Manage and monitor the consistency of application of disciplinary code and compliance to the L R A
• Ensure all disciplinary incidents are recorded on the employees file.
• Give feedback to management and act as a conduit between management and staff.
• Check thoroughness of investigation and outcomes/sanctions.
• Ensure Policies and Procedures are consistently applied
• Managers IR Consultants
• Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications
7. Employee relations and Employee Benefits
• Setting Remuneration Policy and Strategy
• Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health.
• Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
• Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
• Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
• Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
• Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
• Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
• Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
• Effectively utilise internal HR Centres of Expertise to identify customer needs, assists in the communication and facilitation of compensation, benefits, training, talent management, performance management and other centralised HR services
8. Report writing
• Generate and Compile management report /stats.
• Group HR dashboard
• Recruitment progress including the details of new employees recruited
• Employee terminations and reasons;
• Employee industrial action and disciplinary process;
• Employee orientation and training;
• Compliance to regulatory requirements
• Performance management progress