HR Company Solutions
Job Title: Bookkeeper – Urgent Start – Cape Town
Synopsis: Our client is a dynamic, forward thinking and motivated employer not bound by red tape. Their clients are some of the biggest brands in South Africa and abroad, and their developments are known to be award winning, pioneering and cutting edge. They now need a Bookkeeper to join their team immediately, reporting to the Finance Director.
Position: Non Employment Equity Position
Salary around R12 500 per month. Benefits to be discussed at an interview level
Knowledge and skills requirements: • Processing and reconciling accounts • Strong attention to detail is a must • Proactive, self-management and planning skills essential • Good presentation skills • Discretion when dealing with confidential information • Professional and ethical • Interpersonal skills are important • Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) Education: • Accredited bookkeeping qualification Work Experience: • Two or three years as bookkeeper: experience in Cash Book management, reconciliations and some creditors experience is required. • Computer skills including proficiency with Word, MS Excel and an accounting package. • Good communication skills: both written and verbal • Experience working on Chase management software and Microsoft Navision is advantageous.
Reporting to the Finance Manager:
Key Performance Areas
Debtors: Billing Management
• Assist in overall management and execution of client billing for all client accounts
• Oversee processing and generating of invoices
• Issue invoices to client service teams to share with clients
• Update and manage invoice control spreadsheets
• Assist with administration of client accounts
Creditors: Internal (House) Creditors
• Preparation of all internal (in house) Purchase Orders (liaising with Office Manager and HR team and Account Management teams) Ensuring that raised POs go through the correct approval Process.
• Prepare in house supplier invoices and staff expense claims for weekly payment submissions
• Reconcile House (Internal) Creditors invoices to statements – overview of In House Creditors Age Analysis